Thursday, September 3, 2009

Great Reports!

I have been getting great reports from Luke's therapists this week on the progress he is making! They are thrilled with the progress he is making in many areas such as using his left hand, reacting faster when asked to do things, walking using the walker, going from standing to sitting. The therapists at the Neuro Institute have switched up his therapy this week due to his progress! My dad took him to therapy this week and called me once and even texted (something he NEVER does) to tell me how hard Luke was working and how impressed he was with him. He sets the bar high, so I knew he must have been doing great things! This morning when I took him, every therapist came up to me to tell me how great he is doing and how impressed they are by him. GO LUKE!!!! He is going to the Neuro Institute at least 2 days a week for three hours each time and also gets 2 hours of Physical Therapy and 2 hours of Occupation therapy at home each week...so he is certainly busy. Here are some pics of the Gladiator in action:

Luke thinks it is funny when his PT walks him down the hall to his room to grab as many hats as he can off his hat tree. This day he grabbed 3; I think the most is 5.



Walking down the stairs with his PT.


Luke scoots to the Entertainment Center and empties out his toy drawer many times a day now!


4 comments:

Jennifer Hoopes said...

I'm soooo impressed! You guys are amazing! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stacy!! Luke is a little trooper! It is amazing to see how far he has come. I Believe!! Kate

Anonymous said...

I'm crying happy tears right now Stacey. God is working so many miracles right now for that sweet Luke! You are an amazing family!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Stuff Luke!

Love,The Monahan's