Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another accomplishment!!

Luke continues to amaze me!!! Tonight he rode his bike to my sister's house and back!!! Go LUKE...You ROCK dude!!! She lives the next street over from us, so I would say it is maybe a quarter mile there and a quarter mile back, so probably a 1/2 mile total?? Might be a little less than that...anyhow he did it! Right now his cousin Tyler is sleeping over with him, and they are watching Coraline. Luke is watching it very intently, and showed me no when I asked if I could change the channel. He has certainly come a long way...praise God!!! I looked at older posts and it was only about 2 years ago that he started following commands again, and was just starting to eat baby food by mouth. Certainly puts things into perspective....they told us from the beginning this was a marathon and not a sprint. I can't wait to see where he will be in another two years, we can look back and say, "remember when you had just started riding your bike and were scooting across the family room!" We are grateful for every bit of recovery we get, and know the best is yet to come...our God is an awesome God!

I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. (Acts 27:25)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Luke ~ great job! I bet you slept great last night. Keep up your wonderful work!
Love & hugs,
Nancy