Monday, September 14, 2009

Gone Hunting!

Well...we are slowly but surely recovering from the nasty bug that seems to be going around. This weekend we made a trip up North for Luke's favorite activity...hunting! Mike and I both drew an Archery elk tag this year. Well I got lucky and had a great guide too I guess you could say and we found Mr. Elk on the second morning. I just happened to be in the right place and right time (and my prayers were certainly answered for a quick hunt,) and well as for Mr. Elk....I say it's the circle of life. Anyhow, two months before Luke was hurt he went on his first real hunt with Mike for javelina. He LOVED it and talked about it so much. Everyone was amazed at how good he did walking the mountains and keeping up with the big boys then as a six year old. He is for sure Daddy's hunting buddy. So it was only fitting that we bring Luke and let him get Mr. Elk too...made his day and ours too!

Drawing back and aiming...

"Luke's Elk," with just a little help from mom (and dad's expertise guiding too)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well of course you brought tears to my eyes seeing Luke in his camo with his bow...the picture is great of everyone and Mr. Big Elk ~ Congratulations!!!! T.W. was able to find Mr. Big Elk's brother yesterday :)I agree with that whole circle of life thing too.
Love & hugs,
Nancy