Monday, September 3, 2007

Almost 6 Months...

This weekend Luke was able to go on his first overnight trip. Mike went hunting on Saturday, so I took Luke and Lynsey up to my parent's house in Payson. You could tell he knew we were there and it was nice to be able to take him away and see him do fine.
I have been in contact with a neuro-opthamologist in California. I emailed him what the Opthamologist here told us about Luke's eyes. This guy really feels we should use surgery as a last resort for Luke. He thinks therapy would be a lot better option. I will be faxing Luke's records this week for him to look over. I have also made an appt. with the other neurologist that someone posted here (thank you whoever you are:) That appt is Sept 10th.
This Thursday, September 6th, will be six months since Luke got hurt. I know everyone has been praying for Luke since then, but I am going to ask if you can please say a special prayer for Luke this Thursday. First and foremost, please pray that he will be healed, that he will open his eyes soon, that he will continue making progress, and that the doctors treating him will be positive. It really is hard to believe it has been six months since that horrible day. The time has gone by so very quickly, but more than anything in this world I want my little boy back. I want him to be able to ride his bike, dig in the dirt, go hunting with Mike, chase Lynsey throughout the house, lay on the couch in the morning with his blankie watching Sponge Bob, and I could go on and on about everything I miss Luke doing. Yes, I am VERY thankful that God has gotten us this far with Luke, and sometimes I don't feel right asking for more, but the thing is, I KNOW that God is the only one that can heal Luke and make him whole again. I believe in my heart of hearts that this will happen or should I say IS happening...the small steps we see Luke make everyday are just more proof to me that God is answering our prayers, in His time, I will get my Lukey back. Thanks so much for your prayers and continued support..remember this Thursday, let's flood the pearly gates for Luke, please spread the word for prayers to anyone you know. Believe!! What is impossible for people is possible with God. Luke 18:27

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the word out to pray for Luke, especially on Thursday! I copied and pasted the web site into an email and sent to 50 people. Imagine the people we could reach!Prayer is Powerful!

Anonymous said...

Stacey
That is wonderful that you could take Luke up north. That might be just what he needed. It is good that the whole family could spend some time away from home for a change. We will keep Luke in our prayers and extra prayers will go out for him on that day. We send our love to all.

Unknown said...

Stacey,
A little rest and relaxation! Just what you needed. Extra prayers going out on Thursday. Tell Luke we said HI!!
Love, April

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
We will be praying for Luke!!

Unknown said...

Count on us to be praying! We will also pass it on to others!
Sincerely,
Michelle Smith

Anonymous said...

We will be praying hard for you Luke and Family and we have a prayer chain out to many people for tons of positive prayer to come your way! God Bless and Keeping the Faith Strong! Believe, Monahan Family

Anonymous said...

Just read an article in TIME magazine titled "Rewiring The Brain" that you might be interested in. It is in the September 10, 2007 issue. Best of Luck!