Friday, August 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

We are home! First, thanks so much for the prayers for Luke. He calmed down right after I posted that...praise God. He certainly is still having some "episodes," but so far none that bad. More than anything I think it is Luke just wanting his independence back and wanting to do things himself...wanting to be treated like a nine year old boy. Can't really blame him for that!

I am happy to say, the therapists at Napa were thrilled with the progress Luke made during the time we were there. His head therapist, Mr. Raf, said he felt Luke gained so much this trip verses last trip. I know one thing, this afternoon I set him down on the floor in the living room, and he scooted himself all the way across the room, and pretty fast too! He even went over a little "bump" we have that separates wood from carpet...GO LUKE! Here are the accomplishments his therapist put on his "diploma"

*Luke only needs contact assistance with crawling!
*Luke is taking independent steps in a walker safely!
*Luke climbed a ladder with reciprocal movements of his arms and legs!



Luke playing the drums...he loves this!

Luke walking in the walker. They worked on him pushing it himself.

This was very interesting to me. As part of the Tomatis therapy he gets here she did this assessment of him. On the first day of therapy, she had him draw a house, tree, and person on the right. Then on the last day, she had him draw them again on the left. You can see the improvement! I found this to be amazing! If you look at the person, he even drew some circles.

Luke climbing the ladder.


Luke's great therapists...Mr. Raf, and the PT aide, Kelly.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support!
I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. (Acts 27:25)


3 comments:

Sally said...

I'm sure it's good to be home but what a wonderful place for Luke to learn. He has accomplished so much! Keep up the good work Luke! Hugs from Ohio, Sally

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I hope you will be able to get a little rest Stacey you must be exhausted. I had Luke on our prayer list right after I read your blog as apparently so many others did too! God IS good isn't he? Wow, those drawings were amazing to me.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Way to go Luke! Glad things are going better and it must be so nice to be HOME (there is no place like it). Luke, you should be very proud of YOU! And Stacey and Family....you are amazing people! I hope you all get some much needed rest. Pretty impressive stuff Luke! I hope and pray all your hard work continues to pay off ... you look amazing! Keeping the Faith and you are always in our prayers!!!! My coworkers (PT's, OT's) ask about you all the time and I always say what an amazing young man you are and how you keep shining! Keep at em Luke...THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
All our love, The Monahan's