Thursday, June 18, 2009

One more day:(

Well...one more day of this great therapy left. I am so, so sad to be leaving this awesome and amazing place!!! Luke is doing so good here. He loves to come to "school"!!! I think he is proud of what he is accomplishing. He is getting so much stronger. The therapists are really proud of how good he has done. Tomorrow we will get his official "report card" as well as exercises we can do at home with him. We just need lots of prayers that he will keep up the progress and work as well at home as he has here. I scheduled an appointment today to check out another therapy place in Tempe on Monday, that I hope will take him as patient, as they do not accept very many pediatric kids, but because we have BCBS they are willing to give him an evaluation. We also are hoping to come back here the end of Oct-Nov for 4 weeks. They are pretty much booked between now and then! We may try to do a 2 week session between now and then if it works out. We found out that they contracted with BCBS June 1st, so they should pay for the therapy everytime we come. Great, great news!!! I have to brag a bit and say I have had 4 different people here tell me what a great kid Luke is and how he is going to do great things...warms my heart and makes me so proud of that kid...he such a fighter...we couldn't be more proud:)


Knee walking..he did this for over 100 feet!


Walking with help on the treadmill.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have such exciting news each time I read this. I'm so glad everything went so great and hopefully Tempe will take Luke in for therapy. Keep up that wonderful positive attitude and my prayers will keep coming as usual.
Love & hugs,
Nancy