Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Expect a miracle...

Sorry for not updating sooner, but WOW! this place is awesome. The sign when you come into the Napa Center, the therapy place where Luke is at, reads "Expect a Miracle!" I believe it. They work these kids hard. I know there is no way I could work out 6 hours a day 5 days a week. Luke is tough...my hero for sure. You will not ever find me complaining about my little treadmill run from here on out! He goes to therapy at 8am and ends at 2pm. Unlike the intense therapy we did last year at St. Joe's, here they start at 8:00 sharp, not 8:10 or 8:15, and do not end until usually after 2:00 (with a half hour lunch break.) These therapists are great!!! They push these kids, and the most important part is...they believe in them. Lynsey and my mom are here this week, so Lynsey has us sightseeing in the afternoon when Luke is done. We went to Manhattan Beach on Mon, Santa Monica Pier on Tues, and today to Hollywood Blvd to see Up in 3D at El Capitan theater! As we were leaving we saw (and got a pic) of Denzel Washington. Lynsey didn't even know who he was. No rest for the weary around here, that is for sure!

I have some great pics of Luke hard at work, but for some reason the uploader is not working now. I will try again tomorrow. Until then, the next time you are working hard to push through something, think of Luke, Rylee, Cannon, and all of the other kids I have seen here working so hard, giving it their all, and maybe just maybe it will give you the strength to go...expect a miracle and always...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome. I know he will do great because has a great supportive family. I just wanted you to know that I am always thinking of you guys and love to see pictures and Lukes progress. He is an amazing kid! Sounds like you guys are getting to have a little fun there too. Tell Luke to keep up the good work!
Shawna

Sally said...

Good news about the doctor and great job Luke! Hugs from Ohio, Sally