Friday, February 6, 2009

Back the the Grind!

Well I am happy to report that after a week's vacation last week, Luke jumped right back into his workouts this week. He is doing great at standing in his Lite Gait machine and also at riding either the stationary bike or Hot Wheels bike...although we definitely need to get him to go for longer periods to help strengthen those muscles. This week I have been working with some Brain Quest cards with him. They are questions geared at 6-7 year olds. He has done great. Now, I give him choices since he will not say the answers, so I am giving him some help, but I am amazed at how much he knows in that little head of his. One of the questions, yesterday was how much is a nickel worth? Before I gave him a choice, he showed me the number 5 with his hand. Another one was...Paul just hit a home run. What sport is Paul playing? I gave him the choice of baseball touch your nose or football touch your ear...once again right. I was thrilled with how good he was doing!

You also may remember the Jeep from awhile ago. Well, he has not wanted to ride that in months. So, Wednesday afternoon, I decided I was just going to put him in it and see what happened. Not sure if it was the rides at Disneyland or not, but he rode it for a half an hour! Then last night, we did it again, only the smarty pants this time figured out how to shift gears and only wanted to go at super fast speed. It goes a little too fast...nothing like a pregnant lady running down the street trying to catch a kid on a Jeep. He was getting so mad at me for not letting him go that fast. Mike is going to fix that, so there is only the slow speed and reverse.

We are seriously looking at taking Luke to LA this summer for three weeks to an intense therapy program out there. He would get four hours of therapy five days a week. We took him to be evaluated there last week, and they thought he was a great candidate. The only bad thing is, it is in a pretty bad area and we would be living in a hotel for 3 weeks. I figure in the grand scheme of things...it is only 3 weeks, we will survive...and hopefully Luke will come out even stronger because of it. Believe!

No comments: