Sunday, November 16, 2008

Are they working?

The million dollar question seems to be...are those stem cells working? Now, keep in mind, they tell you it takes about 2 weeks to start seeing results, but can sometimes take 3 months. However, we have seen a few things this week, but sometimes I find myself second guessing. Last night when we went to bed, Lynsey said to me, "Mom, I think those stem cells are really starting to work," so I figured maybe it isn't just me. It is hard to explain, but it is like Luke has reached a new level of awareness. Here are some examples and the Luke stories of the day. On Friday, when I was dropping Lynsey off at school, I guess Luke decided he was ready to be a Desert Mountain Coyote again because next thing I knew he was opening his door like he was ready to get out and go. When I shut the door, he was very upset, but he had never done that before. Then last night, the phone rang. I was in the kitchen and after two rings it stopped, I decided Lynsey must have answered it. That is until I heard buttons pushing from where Luke was. He had reached for the phone, brought it up to his ear, pushed a button to answer it! The last example is he really doesn't move a whole lot when he sleeps. However, the last week or so, he has been moving around a lot. This morning he woke me up and he had both legs hanging off the bed and was completely on his stomach. I am just glad he knew to wake me up to move him. So slowly but surely those cells are going where they need to go. Thanks for the continued prayers of healing and recovery. "The LORD is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him." Lamentations 3:25 Believe!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news ~ it sounds like those precious stem cells ARE working and how special that Lynsey could notice it too! Our prayers continue to be answered!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

kelli ellen kurtz said...

That is absolutely amazing! As I write this I am getting chills and smiling! WAY TO GO LUKE! And congrats on the baby girl! :)

beth said...

Hi Stacey,
Just caught up from halloween. Love the pumpkin and costumes :)How fun for Luke to go trick or treating...some things kids never forget! Lynsey is such a good sister, and so observant. We are so glad to learn of every step forward that Luke has made. You are doing a great job yourself at finding what is available. Life keeps moving forward and it is nice to see that you are able to have some fun along the way. wishing you the best, beth and family

Anonymous said...

What amazing things..... So happy for your precious Luke and family. I hope those cells just keep blessing Precious Luke.

Congrats on your baby girl too!

All the best your way; keeping the Faith The Monahan Family

Sally said...

Great news! Keep up the good work Lukie. Hugs from Ohio, Sally

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Sure sounds like they are working to me, and that lite gait thing looks really cool. Slowly, but surely Lukey just keeps amazing us all.
Love you guys and miss you all!
Becca