Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sounds...

Well....I just returned home from being gone for 5 days to the Creative Memories convention in Minnesota. I had a great time, but it is good to be home. The first thing I noticed after being around Luke was that he was making different sounds and had a different sounding laugh. I told Mike and he said he had noticed it too. So yesterday when I took him to therapy, they had me in another room going over paperwork for about 45 minutes of his speech session. When I went back in the therapist commented right away on the sounds he was making. She said he almost did every sound in the alphabet, although some such as oo, u, are harder for him. She was quite impressed though. We definitely need his air flow to come around now. She is ordering a spirometer (who knows if that is spelled right.) This will help us gauge his air flow and give him a visual when he is blowing into something. It is basically a tube he blows into with a ball that moves up to indicate the air flow he is getting. This morning he woke up pretty early. I went over to see what the problem was and he put out his hand to push me away and said, "no." This was the first time he had done something like that.

We also started back at the hyperbaric oxygen this week. We were really worried how he would do, but so far he has done great! Please continue prayers of healing and restoration in our little man...thanks for continuing to check on him:) "Call on me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome Stacey. Luke keeps improving EVERY day! Tell him he needs to say... MOMMA!!!! And maybe YES. =D Have an awesome and blessed day! You guys are a WONDERFUL family!

Unknown said...

Glad you got to get away for a few days!!

Luke you are awesome!! Keep working hard. We're always thinking about you.

Love, April