Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fishin' and Four Wheelin'


Luke did two things this weekend he has not done since he was hurt: go four-wheelin' and go fishin'. Two of his favorite things!! We went up to Payson this weekend and had a blast. We woke up Saturday morning and went and picked wild blackberries. We had to go four wheelin' to get to the blackberries, but it was worth it! Luke picked two and ate them both. He then had fun picking bark off a tree and throwing rocks into a creek. We ate lunch and had a rest. Then my dad asked all the kids, "Who is ready to go fishin'?" Let me tell you, Luke was the first one to raise his hand high in the air, we all cracked up laughing at how fast he responded. Now the place we went fishing to...really wasn't fishing at all, and I can't believe Mike (Mr. Fisherman) even went. On the way home though, he even admitted, that wasn't so bad after all. It was a catch-a-trout pond near the fish hatchery outside Payson. We let every kid catch one fish (because you had to pay about $8 for every fish caught.) Luke had more fun playing with the fish caught in the bucket. He was messing around with a fish in the bucket when he reached in and pulled the fish out...he was SO excited. Everyone at that place heard him hollering and laughing...he had so much fun just grabbing the fish out. I think maybe there is some more fish therapy in his future:) Thanks for your continued support! Please continue prayers for healing and restoration. Believe!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I am glad you got to get out and do something "normal". He looks great sitting by the tree. It looks like he has gained a lot of control! Yay!

Always praying and thinking about you guys! God bless!

Anonymous said...

That Rocks that he could experience those things again!! I am so happy that things are going in the right direction!!

- Chad the window guy!!

Meredith said...

What an encouragement you continue to be to me. You inspire me and help me to press on in my faith. I am praying for you and eagerly expecting more miracles for this precious child of God. Keep strong in your faith.

Meredith said...

You continue to be a great source of encouragement to me. I witness your faith and it inspires me towards a deeper faith. I am praying for you and eagerly expecting more miracles for your precious boy. Keep the faith. And... you are an amazing scrapbooker. What a blessing that will be for your children when they are older (and even now).

Unknown said...

I'm glad you all had fun last weekend. The pictures are great. Luke your doing so good in all your therapies!!

Maddie and Bryan say HI.

Love, April

Anne said...

Luke, this is Anne Pionkowski. I worked with you on your chewing and swallowing at Phoenix Children's Hospital when I was completing my internship in the spring of 2007. Wow! You have come such a long way, I am very impressed to hear that you have started to make so many sounds, that's great! After I graduated last year I moved to Minnesota where I have been working with preschoolers in Saint Paul Public Schools. Stacey, I'm so happy to know that you are keeping up with your scrapbooking, you do beautiful work. Wish I would have run into my information for Luke's blog site earlier so I could have offered my place for you to stay during the convention. We are just down the road! I think of you often and hope to check back more often now that I know where to find you guys. I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with your family, you are all an inspiration! Let me know if you are ever back in the Twin Cities (apionk@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

God is everything....Who knew God has gills and scales. Glad He knows best ! Yeah God ! Yeah Luke !

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
I just recently asked T.W. how Luke was doing and he told me about your wonderful blog. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers . . . and it looks as if everyone's prayers are working. What a fun outing . . . "Fishin and Four Wheelin"! I love you dearly. I'll give you my e-mail in case you should ever need it. proffitt_tn@cox.net Take care of yourselves and congratulations on your new bundle of joy coming in March.
Love & hugs,
Nancy Proffitt