Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Wheels!



I had to post a picture here of Luke's new wheels. Plus...his old wheels that are now retiring (or actually being donated.) The old wheelchair comes with a story. First of all, it was ordered in April 2007, we finally got it in October. It cost over $6,000 (although the insurance did cover it.) It has a cool custom mossy oak camo paint job. I remember very well the day I took Luke and we picked it up because they had to adjust everything to fit him. I also remember very well the guy telling me, "This should fit him until he gets to be about 13." I almost completely lost it at that moment, but composed myself and told the guy, "Oh, no he will be walking long before then." He gave me a look of compassion as I am sure he thought I was completely clueless to the situation we were facing. But here we are...9 months later, with a brand new chair that Luke can push himself. We did not get to pick the colors, but the gold and black is not that bad. Go Gilbert Tigers! Dare I declare that in another 9 months this chair will be gone because Luke will be walking? Believe and see!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

We definately Believe Luke will do it, he has accomplished amazing things already! God is so Good! Thank you for sharing Luke's milestones with us! (I did chuckle about the Gilbert Tigers!)
Love~
The Buntin's

Anonymous said...

Declare it Momma! You know what is best! He looks great! That yellow is like a race car color. He is gonna race on out of that! You were a tiger? Sorry. I was a Dobson Mustang... =D God keeps doing amazing things in Luke!

Anonymous said...

Luke that chair fits you a lot better. I'm just so amazed with your progress, nothing is out your reach. We love you.

Jill, Paul, and Lauren

Unknown said...

Stacey, Be proud of your endless faith. Look how far Luke has come and how much further he will go. His awesome new chair proves that!! Wheel yourself out of that hospital Luke. Go Tigers!!!
Love, April

jenfoor said...

Yes ma'am you declare it! you believe it! we believe it with all of our hearts, souls, and minds. I DO however have a problem with the BLACK and GOLD, you couldn't have gotten GREEN and GOLD??? GO PACKERS!!! :) Love you Stacey and Luke.
Jennifer and Marissa
carepages.com marissafoor

beth said...

This is so awesome! Gladiator Luke...Racer Luke...we are so happy for all of your accomplishments. love, beth and cameron