Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Update on the Gladiator

I just returned home from attending the Creative Memories convention in Minnesota. Thanks to Mike and also my mom for persuading me that I needed to go. I had a great time, and Luke did fine while I was gone. Thanks to everyone that helped out with him.

Here are a few updates of things that have happened since the last post. On Saturday we had two wonderful women come over and do some energy work on Luke. They were here for about two hours and really felt that Luke had a pinched nerve in his back. They referred us to a chiropractor. Mike took Luke in on Tuesday to see him. Luke did indeed have two vertebrae out of place, so he fixed that. His left side seems a little looser now. These women were amazing! Thank you so much Sonya and Sonja! Thanks also to Dawnie and Justin for telling Sonja about Luke. She really felt she could help Luke, and she already has.

Sometimes I think Mike and I miss the little improvements in Luke because we see him all the time. I know I think has he done that before? Today when I got back his body is moving a lot. I even thought he was going to fall off the couch at one time he was moving around so much. He is also making louder sounds.

Thank you so much for continuing to check on the gladiator...we appreciate it so much...the prayers are surely working...believe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey- your updates are so encouraging and exciting! I bet your trip to MN was refreshing!

JRodine

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey,
You haven't heard from me in awhile. I just wanted you to know that I regularly check your site and that Mark and I have been praying for you DAILY. I am filled with much hope, as well. I am so glad you were able to get away and come back and see Luke's progress with 'fresh' eyes. It is so exciting to see the people and programs God has brought your way. We are continually praying that you, Mike, and the rest of your family would be filled with courage, strength and hope as you press on in this journey. I am so glad we can truly trust in the mighty love God has for us. His ways are so much more far reaching than our ways. We just wanted you to know that we are still here supporting and praying for you!

Michelle & Mark Smith

Anonymous said...

Stacey~ I was unable to add comments until now. I am so pleased to hear of every little improvement Lukey makes. I think of you all everyday, with prayers attached. I'm thankful to hear that Luke is responding on command, how encouraging, his spirit is just soaring! You all have come a long way... Thank you for the updates! God bless~
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Stacey, Welcome home. Your update sounds very positive. I think your trip was just what you needed. Glad to hear the chiropractor was able to fix Lukes back. Tell the Lukester we ALL say HI...
Love, April