Saturday, July 28, 2007

Feeling Very Blessed

Well we received the DVD of Luke's new program yesterday and watched it last night. I must say it is going to be very intense. Most of the things are done 4 times a day, some 8 times a day, and some 20 times a day. The program includes deep pressure, moving Luke in various positions, eye opening and closing, spinning, and chewing. Luke is not going to get very much down time now during the day. He is going to be a pretty busy little guy. I am very excited and know this is just what Luke needs to get back going. I will report more next week on how it all is going.

I would be remiss not to comment on the horrible tragedy that happened in Phoenix yesterday when two news helicopters crashed, it really makes me realize how very blessed I am. I have watched channel 3 for as long as I can remember. When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a news reporter just like them. Yesterday 4 men lost their lives in a horrific accident. It is just another reminder to me of how precious life truly is...lives can be forever changed in a matter of seconds. One second your loved one is here and the very next second they are gone. If you have never experienced a tragedy like this first hand, thank God right now. We experienced this over four years ago when my brother in law, Jake, passed away unexpectedly. Some days I wonder how much one family has to go thru. There is a saying that says something like that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I feel truly blessed today to have Luke here with us making progress. I pray for these families as they have to deal with the loss of their loved ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, We are also very blessed to be touched by such a loving child of God that you so obviously are. In the middle of all you have to do and are having to deal with you take the time to acknowledge the loss of those you don't even know. God created you as you are and one of those things is to be a shining beacon to those who may have lost their way or given up hope. Hope shines on as does the Lord through you. Luke is a very lucky and blessed boy.

Unknown said...

Stacey, Thank you for reminding us what is important. As anonymous stated-you take the time to acknowledge the loss of those you don't even know. God bless you!!