Tuesday, July 17, 2007

19 Weeks...

Nineteen weeks ago today, Luke had his accident, and for the most part I have good days, but today is a bad day. Some days I just wish I could wake up and have this all be a bad dream. It has been 133 days since I heard Luke say Momma in his sweet voice, 133 days since undie boy has been running the halls of our house, 133 days of not seeing Luke's skateboard, trucks, and shoes laying around, 133 days of Lynsey not getting to hear Luke say, "Sis, Sis," 133 days of not seeing Luke's supercute smile that can light up any room (and will again someday soon.) It is so very hard, yet I know God has a plan in all of it. I just wonder how long do we have to go thru this valley before we get to stand on the Mountain of God? We should be going on a summer vacation, I should be taking Luke shopping for school stuff, he should be starting second grade in less than two weeks, he should be able to do something about these rabbits eating our new landscaping! When is this going to happen? Yet, in all of this, I know I am so blessed that he is here and responding a little more each day. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel...I just want it NOW! Yet, I know when He is ready it will come. Please continue prayers for continued healing and waking up. Please pray for positive results from the NACD program and for a positive eye visit this Friday. Thanks so much for checking the updates, it helps me get thru the bad days, knowing somewhere, somehow, someone is being touched by our Gladiator...Believe! I tell Luke everyday so many people are praying for him, and I also tell him he also needs to pray to Jesus and remind him that Jesus is always in his heart making him better.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

And for 133 days, your family has made me cry, laugh and believe in miracles. You are all an inspiration! I feel very lucky and privileged to be a part of all this, even if it is from a distance. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the above said so beautifully. Luke and your family are such an inspiration to us and you truly have made me believe that miracles DO EXIST! I feel so uplifted by your messages and faith. Your attitude and faith are contagious and I am truly a Better person because of it. Keeping you, Luke (of course) and the rest of your family in my prayers! Keeping the Faith!

Anonymous said...

Dear, dear Stacey, I feel your frustrations, hopelessness and even loneliness for Luke in the words you write. How we wish (all of us who visit this and the other site) could somehow take it all away and make it better. But we all know there is a purpose in this, whether it is with Luke, Lynsey, Mike or you...we don't know but He does. He does love you and your family and He is keeping watch over you. Stacy, stay brave and strong and together, we will keep believing and praying for His gift.

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
I can only imagine the number of people who pray for Luke and your family every day. I have never met you, but I check the site for news of Luke every night and pray for a miracle. I share your story with friends who also have begun to keep Luke in their prayers. I know the numbers grow every day and thus the prayers grow every day. I truly believe that Luke will make a full recovery. God has shown such glory in him already. Of course you will have bad days. You are only human. Keep strong in your faith and know that your family, friends, and even strangers are holding Luke and your whole family in their hearts every day, every hour, every minute. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
You continue to bring on the tears everytime I read your page! You are so inspiring! Still praying for you and yours here in Waco TX.
Jamie Williams (Lewellen)

ScrapperGalJen said...

Always remember that although we can never take your pain away or truly know how you manage through every day, you are being held up my thousands of hearts and hands that will ALWAYS support you! You are an inspiration. It is only normal to have some rough days. Most of us would have many more. On the days when you wonder how you can go one more step, the best thing you can do is to lean on us. We are ALL behind you and would do anything for you.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you on this bad day! Your family is so strong in all you have gone through. While you are bound to have your bad days it just means that a GREAT day is just around the corner! Hang in there!

JRodine

Anonymous said...

Stacey, I cried for you this morning, bless your heart. I know you have so much heartache, and yet you've been so brave. You spent so much time at our house when you were little and there's a spot for you in my heart that will always be there. That spot caused me pain today, as I read your last post. I love you and will pray harder today than ever before. Robbyn

Anonymous said...

Stacey we have no idea what you are going through because we have not been there but we all know that the lord will give you the strength that you need to get through your rough days. We all keep you in our prayers everyday.
We love you all. Mammaw Anke

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacey,

You faith is a true inspiration. You are the strongest person I know. You and your family have been an inspiration to so many. God always watches over His faithful.

Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer.
Romans 12:12

But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perserverance.
Romans 8:25

Friends in PA

Toby said...

Bottoms up to getting Luke up, out, and running around again! We can't wait to see him running around in his backyard.

Unknown said...

Stacey, I cried when I read your update today! I'm sorry your having a bad day. Your entitled to it. We'll pray that tomorrow will be better for all of you. Love, April