Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quick Update

Just a short update since it has been a week since I last updated. We are still waiting for the program from the NACD to arrive. I am hoping it will be here either today or tomorrow. Mike and I are both very anxious to get started on this. We could not have asked for better timing, as Luke has his last oxygen treatment tomorrow, then he will get a three week break. So during this three week time we can really hit him hard with the new program.

We continue to see little changes in Luke. He is starting to lift his left leg more. He is also making different sounds. Sometimes he just has the cutest whining sound...he sounds so pathetic. He is also eating great; I can tell he has missed having real food all this time. I am now giving him a jar of baby food or applesauce in the morning and at night. He can eat it with no problems at all now. He is also swallowing liquid consistency very good now. He especially loves the Hawaiian Shaved Ices that Lynsey and his cousin Kaylee save for him:) I am starting to give him stuff he has to chew, but will also dissolve, so hopefully we can get him eating thicker and chunkier things. I think once we do this, hopefully we will be able to start cutting back on his tube feedings with the hope of getting rid of that all together.

That's about it for now...hopefully in a few days I can give you an update on his new program. Thanks for checking...keep the prayers coming...Believe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating! I'm sure others, like myself, worry when we don't see your news. Glad to hear Luke is eating so well, maybe those taste buds will help him wake up. Take care & know we're always praying and thinking of you in Ohio. Love, Sally