Monday, May 5, 2008

Three Minutes!

This morning Luke was able to sit up by himself for three minutes!! This is a huge improvement over just last week. Although I can't say I would attribute it to the Stem Cell Therapy as much as the Horse Therapy he has been doing. It is definetly getting his head and trunk a lot stronger. Another good thing is when he is sitting he will hold his head up at mid line. He is continuing to roll over when we put him on his tummy, and also move his left arm and leg. Now for the Luke story of the week...last week I took him to Target with us after I picked Lynsey up from school. We were at the check out ready to pay when I noticed Luke reaching his arm out for something. At first I didn't realize what he was doing, but then saw he was trying to grab something. At the end display at the check out they had boxes of those white powdered donuts. Luke was trying to grab a box! He knew what they were for sure...when Mike and him would go hunting and fishing they would always get a box to eat on the way. So, Luke got his donuts, although he has not had any yet, as he is not supposed to have any sweets for three weeks after getting the stem cells.

Now, since I know you all are praying for Luke, I figure I can ask everyone to add a prayer for my grandpa. Yesterday, my mom's dad, had a car accident. It was later determined he had a stroke while he was driving which caused the accident. He is in the ICU now, after under going a surgery last night to stop the bleed. So, as it was with Luke, all we can do is wait and pray. We have already seen the way God can work miracles, the way he did in Luke. So we are expecting nothing but the best. So, thanks for your prayers for my grandpa and for Luke's continued recovery! Believe!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, we'll be praying for him.

What a cute story about the doughnuts. They are totally worth reaching for. Tell Luke we are so proud of all of his hard work and progress.

Love,
Tammy and family

Unknown said...

Love Luke's story of the week. Who can pass up donuts!!!

All our prayers for your grandpa Stacey.
Love, April

Janaina crochet said...

You are all always in our prayers..sad news about grandpa ..but God also go make one miracle in his life ..how he make always in life person trust and believe in He ..kisses ..

Anonymous said...

Your strength inspires me! I loved the doughnut story!

I will pray for your Grandpa.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story about Luke; can't wait until he bites into one of those! So sorry to hear of your Grandpa: our prayers are with you and your family.

The Monahan's