Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stem Cells are In!

Praise God! Our trip today to get stem cells went great. The only difficulty was getting the IV in Luke, but that is how it is every time they have to put one in. He has been blessed with my tiny veins, which are very hard to find. Dr. Ramierez administered the stem cells this afternoon around 2:00, so now it is just a wait and see (and pray a lot,) game. They said on average it takes about 3-4 weeks to see results, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. The guy that drove us to Mexico was very friendly. He has been doing this for a long time and said he has seen great things. They have another child who is now 16 coming back on Thursday for his 6th treatment. He is now walking and talking, where as before he said he was absolutely doing nothing. I have to say, the clinic in Mexico was nicer that I expected...I would have pictures, but I dropped my camera right before they put the cells in and it broke. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support...please continue to pray for those cells to go where they need to go for continued restoration in Luke's brain. Believe!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear everything went well. Sending prayers for good news at the eye doctor tomorrow.
Have a great trip home!!

Anonymous said...

Go stem cells go!!!!!
We are so excited to see what this new treatment has in store for Luke. So many of us are praying and thinking of you all today and everyday.
Love always,
Denton, Tammy, Ty, Jacey and Hadley

Anonymous said...

Stacey and Mike, I am so happy things went smoothly. We have been thinking of you all day today. Wednesday too! Give Lukey a high 5 for me!

Anonymous said...

I'm Sending Positive vibes and prayers your way! Kate

Sally said...

Thanks for the update. Still praying this will really help Luke. Hugs from Ohio, Sally

Anonymous said...

SOOO Glad things went good!! We will continue praying (we always do)! We love ya'll!! The tiny veins must be a Lewellen thing, because my dad and I have that problem too!
Love ya'll,

Jamie Williams

Janaina crochet said...

Great news !!!..I have certain God go put this cells in place exact for they make our Luke be restored sooo much soon in his health ..now is only wait ..and trust.." God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? "..Numbers - 23:19..We continue prayers for this much wonderful and loved boy ..Our Luke You go be much good soon believe dear ..Jesus is with you ..kisses ...

Unknown said...

We're so glad Lukes treatment went well. I'm praying that they go to all the right places. Bryan and Maddie say HI.
Love,
April

Anonymous said...

Your never ending efforts to bring Luke full recovery are much applauded. I pray for his healing and for all of you. God bless...

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Stacey- Every time I read your updates I am amazed at your strength. Luke is so lucky to have such great parents. It is easy to see where he gets his strength!
JRodine

Jenifer said...

So happy things went so well down in Mexico. Good luck and I will pray for the stem cells to work!