Thursday, April 17, 2008

Great Week!

This has been a great week for Luke! He did great today at Horse Therapy...much better than last week! From the home therapy program we are following, he is up to following 3 step directions most (I would say 95%) of the time! Yeah Luke! I have even gotten him to follow a few 4 step directions today. We are also working on getting him to say the "m" sound-not because I want him to say Mama so bad, because the therapist says that is where we should start. I think he has made great progress with that just in the three days we have been working on it. We also show Luke word cards, and he is up to knowing about 50 word cards. What we do is show him 2 cards, then I will have him point to one. Another thing I added this week is opposites. I would have two cards (fast and fish) and have him show me the opposite of slow, so far he is at 100% accuracy! I am telling you, he is really SO smart...we just have to get his body to work. Which brings me to another great thing. Again from the NACD program, we ordered a hand peddler. We just got it Tuesday night, and he cried the first time we tried it. Well today he was able to peddle with his hands and his feet all by himself. I was amazed! His left side has been a lot looser, and a lot more sensitive. Praise God for all of these great things we are seeing lately! If I was a little more computer savvy, I would get a video of him showing off for everyone to see, but not too sure how to do all that. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. Remember....we leave Monday to go to San Diego for Stem Cell Therapy Tuesday the 22nd in Mexico. Please pray that we see results from this. The more I do research on it, the more upset I get that it is not available in the US. In addition, the majority of people I have spoken to were not given the option (even recently) to save their child's cord blood. Here is another great article on the power in these cells: http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/17332894.html?page=1&c=y What if the answer to so many things is right before our eyes in these cells, yet we have missed it all of these years? Remember prayers on the 22nd, and I promise an update that night on how everything went. We expect only great things because our God is awesome God! "...Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9....Believe!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I am so thrilled for you guys! If ever you need help with videos, I am MORE than happy to do so! GO LUKE!

Jenifer said...

GOod luck in Mexico today. I hope everything goes well and you will see a huge difference in Luke.

Jenifer Winger