Saturday, February 23, 2008

Eye Appointment



Well we had our appointment with the other eye doctor yesterday. He really feels we need to do the lid lifting surgery on Luke soon. He is worried about him not using his vision and his brain forgetting how to process vision. He showed us before and after pictures on another little boy he did the surgery on. Basically to start with, he would lift Luke's eye lids about halfway up. The bad thing is, he would not be able to close them, so they will always be open. We will just have to put drops in them. We will most likely go ahead with the surgery, but will probably use the original eye dr we saw, only because he is closer. Both doctors are in agreement on the surgery to be done, and the reasons for doing it, so that is good. We meet with the original eye dr a week from Monday, and will most likely schedule it then. Please pray really hard for the eyes to open before the surgery...anything is possible...believe!

Luke had a great day with his Physical Therapist yesterday. He was working with him on sitting him, and then rolling over into what we call a "Lukey-Dog," which is where he is on all fours. He is getting so much stronger at supporting himself sitting up and also when he is on all fours. The PT was very pleased.
I finally figured out how to work my new camera. The pics are of Luke and Tyler. Look in the one of them taken from behind and see how Luke put his arm around Tyler. I thought it was so cute!

This has kind of been a sad few weeks for me, missing the old Lukey. So, it has been my prayer all this week for God to please show me a sign he is still working in Luke (even though I know he is.) Last night I got that sign. Since Luke has been hurt, I have maybe had three dreams total about Luke. Last night I had a dream where Luke was fine, and he said to me in his cute little Lukey voice, "Don't worry Momma, Jesus is making me all better." He was also holding a sign that said, "Jeremiah 29:11," which of course is the verse that says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (NLT) It was so real, I really expected to look over at him this morning and to see him sitting there ready to go...not the case. This week we have an appointment with a facial nerve dr on Monday, and an MRI at St. Joe's on Wednesday...please pray for good visits. As always, please continue to pray for restoration in his brain, eyes to open, speech to come...and most importantly believe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
God is healing Luke everyday! We are so amazed to read about all of the things that Luke is doing. (I think we are addicted to your blog.) :) Luke is being healed because of your love and faith. He truly is a miracle and is proving that to all of us everyday.
Love,
Tammy and Family

Unknown said...

Anything IS possible!! Just look at Luke!! He is improving everyday.

What a dream Stacey. I got chills when I read it. Thanks for sharing with us.
Love, April

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you always.
CB & family

Sally said...

Sometimes I just don't know what to say but hope that just letting you know that prayers are still coming is enough. You all have so much strength and of course have those down times, and then Luke does something new or cute to cheer you up. He is a blessing. Hugs from Ohio, Sally