Friday, January 4, 2008

Great Day!

Today Luke had two visits, the first was with his eye dr and the second was with the evaluators from the NACD, the program we have been following for Luke. This morning in my inbox was this verse: Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success. Proverbs 15:22 NLT. It couldn't have been more appropriate for a day of appointments! So, it was my prayer this morning that I would be shown we have the right "advisers" for Luke. At the eye appointment, we were told the same thing we have been told for 4 months now...give it one more month, then we will discuss surgery. This was fine with me because I truly feel his eyes are going to open on their own. It was at the next appointment with Allison from the NACD that I got the answer to my morning prayer. This lady was awesome! It was the first time she had seen Luke in person instead of reading the reports I send her or the videos we do of him. He really showed off to her in a big way! She spent an hour doing different things with him on the floor. She had tears in her eyes when she told me how amazed she was at everything he was doing. Keep in mind this is a lady (who I am guessing is in her early 40's that had a stroke 10 years ago,) so she has been where Luke is. She told me her arm was bent just the way Luke's is now for 2 1/2 years...today you would never know. Anyway, after evaluating Luke and giving him different "tests" she asked Luke, how would you like to be able to walk again? He got a big grin on his face! She looked right at me and said, "He is going to walk again someday!" It was then I got tears in my eyes too. Of course, if you have been following this blog for anytime at all, you know that I BELIEVE this! She told me she truly believes Luke is in there 100%, we just have to get his body to respond. Now, every other dr that has seen Luke, looks at me like I have fallen off the deep end when I tell them how much he knows because he shows us. Well today she took the time (I was there for almost 2 hours) to let Luke show her how much he knows (something doctors just do not do in a 10 minute visit.) So, she is going to make some changes to the program, and it is up to us to follow it. I have to admit, as I did to her, that the last few months we have not been so good about it...but that is my New Year's resolution...and all this hard work will more than be worth the reward at the end. As she said, you can work out 3 times a week for 30 minutes a day, or you can work out 7 days a week for 4 hours a day, which program is going to get you better and quicker results! She definetly gave me a renewed commitment to Luke's workouts...she is living proof that it works. She told Luke that he is her new favorite client, and said she can not wait until she sees him in April because she knows he will amaze her once again. It is just so good to have someone on our side. We have seen numerous doctors, none of whom have given us any guidance on what to do with Luke, except for therapy (which is only an hour of each a week.) However, this program gives us guidance, and they have seen results. I don't think another mom could look me in the eye and tell me my son will walk again unless she BELIEVED it without a doubt. I can not tell you how good it feels to have someone on my side, not someone looking at me like I have completely lost my marbles.

Now the Luke story of the week...I had to get the carpet cleaner to clean Lynsey's carpet after she got sick from having a few too many creme puffs on NY Eve. Luke was in there with us so I told him what I was going to do and it would be loud. Lynsey said, "Mom, look he's plugging his ear." Sure enough, I looked over and his finger was in his ear....I promise he knows everything. So to that I found this...For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?... Isaiah 43:19 NLT I am just glad we have someone who DOES see it! So far 2008 is proving to be great...there is a light at the end of this tunnel.....BELIEVE!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The glow is there it just needs to get stronger to be the bright light we know it will be! You are all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE! I love this post. It is so nice to have someone who puts in the time and actually listens. Hooray! Things will be Great in 08. I Just know it. Kate

Unknown said...

What an amazing Doctor!! To take the time to really interact with Luke and see how much he has improved. 2008 is going to be GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! We will continue to pray for Luke's healing.
Denton,Tammy,Ty,Jacey and
Hadley

Anonymous said...

Your story is both amazing and inspiring!

Jrodine

Kim said...

Stacey and Mike, Luke is amazing. But so are you guys! You continue to work so hard and are great parents. Luke is so lucky to have you guys! He will walk again! Each week he makes progress. We love you all. To a GREAT 2008! We Believe! Kim and Charlie

Anonymous said...

I believe Luke!!! It is so great how you keep showing your Mom and Dad what you can do. Can not wait till I get home and see it for myself. I know you will really show off when you see Allison in April! Keep up the hard work. Love Ya!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great Message. You are ALL amazing -every one of you! Luke, I tell you, you are one amazing little man who knows EXACTLY what is going on and your strides are Admirable! Luke, You are doing such a great job keeping your Light to lead us all in such a wonderful direction in life! I am so happy to hear a doctor finally really listened (their are great ones out there, I guess you just had to find one - wonderful). So many people ask about you and pray for you and your beautiful family. 2008 will be the Best and I BELIEVE you will continue your adventure of amazing all of your family and friends. You are my HERO Luke!

Unknown said...

We will PRAY hard, every day, for Luke and his continued recovery. Our God is an awesome God and your steadfast faithfulness is an inspiration and encouragement to our entire family.
The Lord has something very special planeed for this precious son of yours.
Every life the Lord puts on this earth has a purpose and we can't wait, along with you, to see what He has in store for Luke!
The Deltenre Family, Colorado