Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Frustrated...

Some days I get so very frustrated with the medical community...today is one of those days. Luke had his MRA test done last Friday. We STILL have not heard back from the doctor's office on the results. I called them yesterday and was told Dr. Manwaring would call us back...never did. This morning I called a few times no one answered. Then, his office called and said we have Luke scheduled at PCH on Thursday at 3:00. Trying not to lose my patience I ask the lady, "and what would this appointment be for?" She proceeds to tell me that they need to readjust the shunt because it went up!!! This is after they sent us home on Friday without readjusting because, "it never goes up after an MRA, it can only go down." I am so frustrated at all of the misinformation we are being given. Then to top it all off, I ask the lady if she has the results from Luke's test. She asks me, "what test?" Um....that would be the test that caused the shunt to be off that you are calling me about. Anyway she has no results...the doctor is supposed to call us. I only pray that in this case no news is good news. I also pray that nothing bad will happen as we wait for the shunt to be adjusted...basically there is more pressure on Luke's brain until they adjust it...she told me Thursday was the soonest we can get it...but I really want Dr. Manwaring to call so I know he is aware of this. All is not lost, right after this call I am shopping in Wal-mart, when I hear familiar music coming over the store speakers. It was Luke's song! They were playing, "Tunnel," a Christian song in Wal-Mart. Just a reminder to me...that there is a light at the end of this tunnel no matter how many confused people I have to deal with along the way...we WILL get there! Good news is...we heard back on the ultrasound on his foot, it is just fatty tissue, so not to worry about it. So, please continue to pray for the MRA....and patience as we wait, very frustrated, for answers...the light is coming though...Believe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Luke is better, you will have learned so much that you will be the expert. Then you can reach out to others in this situation to offer hope. Hugs from Ohio, Sally