Monday, October 29, 2007

Roller Coaster Day

Well today was very much a roller coaster day. I have been doing really good about keeping my faith, but today I just lost it. I guess someone else knew what kind of day it was going to be because this verse was in my inbox this morning: "Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." Psalm 27:14 NLT I truly believe in my heart of hearts that this is what we have to do...just wait for our prayers to be answered. Today we had our MRI result reading with the neurologist. Can I just tell you how hard it is to hear a doctor say severe brain injury, lots of damage, possible aneurysm...it is HORRIBLE!!!!!! I think the hardest part for me is we have been led to believe by numerous doctors throughout this that most of the damage Luke had was to his brain stem area. It now appears he has various areas of damage throughout his brain. The neurologist would not give us a prognosis on what he will and will not be able to do...saying basically anything is possible. I firmly believe (after a complete melt down) that Luke will be healed! He will be able to walk and talk, catch frogs, ride his bike, everything a little boy should be able to do. The fact of the matter is...no one knows (and I know I have said this before) but God, and he has proven just how awesome he is by the changes we have seen in Luke. One thing we do ask for prayers about is, they did find what could possibly be an aneurysm, although could also be nothing at all. They are ordering an MRA to be done. This will give them a better look at the blood vessels. Please pray it will be nothing.

We also had our follow-up with the eye doctor. He wants to give Luke another month and see the results of the MRA before deciding on the surgery. More than likely he will do a surgery to move Luke's eyes to the center, then wait 3 weeks and do the eye lid surgery. He did encourage us to keep opening and closing his eyes, he feels it is working if Luke is starting to grab for items we show him. I did feel a lot better after our visit with him, as he seemed encouraged by the improvements we are seeing with Luke. Next week we do have a follow-up with Dr. Manwaring, the neurosurgeon, and also an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to get his take on Luke's left side. So, please, please, please pray without ceasing for continued improvement for our little Lukey. I will try my hardest to be patient while God works His plan for Luke...and no matter what ALWAYS to BELIEVE...there is a light at the end of this tunnel! Happy trick or treating!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacey,
I am so sorry that you guys got bad news today. I promise to pray for Luke and get the kids and Dustin on board now more than ever! I know there are many people praying everyday for your strength and Luke's progress. Becki

Anonymous said...

When there is bad news good news seems to be just around the corner- hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Every time I have what I think is a bad day, along comes you, wonderful you and your family and snaps everthing back into focus. God never gives us more than we can handle ...together. Praying and believing...still.

Anonymous said...

You all have been so strong, there will be times, and I'm sure there have been some, when you question His plan. But know you have strong prayers with you from all over. Hugs from Ohio, Sally

Unknown said...

Stacey, If I could reach through this computer and give you a hug, I would. Extra prayers for Lukes MRA
Love, April

Anonymous said...

Hang in there....I BELIEVE that great progress is yet to be made in Luke's healing..It's all apart of HIS plan and in HIS time...be strong and we'll keep praying for all of you....