Sunday, May 23, 2010

On the Mend!

Well after my last post, everyone in the house except for me, got the nasty stomach bug. Thankfully we are all on the mend!! It sure hit us hard though, and on top of that the washer decides to break at the same time. Not fun!!

This week I had the last meeting with the team for Luke to start school in the fall. He is set to attend Queen Creek Middle School in fifth grade starting July 29th. It is bittersweet as he will be in the same school as all of his friends before he was hurt, only he will be in the "special class." I pray when these kids that remember him and see him at school that they will embrace him as he is and accept the new Lukey we have. I pray it is a positive experience for him. He will only be going half days to start with for three hours. The school and staff seems very willing to work around any requests we have, and for that I am very grateful.

Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

Romans 15:7

4 comments:

NP said...

That bug is HORRIBLE ~ sorry your family also had to endure it. God was good to you thank heavens. You will be the BEST advocate for Luke during these school adventures...my prayers are right there with you.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Kevin and Holly Aljets said...

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. I am so excited for Luke to begin school. I will continue to offer my prayers and send some special requests for his transition back to school. I am certain it will be a great adventure. God Bless.
Lots of Love,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are feeling better! That is wonderful about Luke going with his classmates to QC Middle School - Jordyn will be so excited when I tell her in the morning. I know he will do well and you truly are an amazing family the way you advocate for Luke - I bet he will blossom being amongst his friends - he deserves only the Best and I know the best is yet to come! Keeping the faith for just continued growth for Luke and a smooth transition back to school! God Bless!

With Love,
The Monahan Family

Anonymous said...

That nasty bug was here in Ohio, too, son Ryan & family had it. So excited about Luke's return to school. But what do the boys do with the turkey they got?
Hugs from Ohio, Sally