Friday, February 19, 2010

Great Week!

I am happy to report that everyone tells me Luke has had a great week at therapy!! I have not taken him at all this week thanks to my dad and Mike's mom and Step-dad taking him. My dad reported that today he did his best crawling and walking that he has seen. I am excited to see him in action on Monday. I will say, I had him crawl across the room yesterday a few times. It has been awhile since I have even tried, but usually he refuses to get in crawling position. Yesterday, however, he truly amazed me when I had him crawl across the room, and he did it three times!!! Go Luke!!

Those of you that came to visit Luke when he was at PCH may remember an older boy, Makenzie that was in the next room over. He also had a brain injury as the result of a car accident. Well...he is now at the therapy place Luke is going to. He says he wants to be Luke's big brother. Luke says ok to that...very cute. Anyway, today Luke and Makenzie had a walking race. My dad said Luke was very fired up over that, and did great!

Tonight I give thanks for a great week....that kid never ceases to amaze me with his perseverance and drive!!!

2 comments:

NP said...

Luke is an inspiration to all of us. Keep up your great work Luke!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Luke .... you are an inspiration to all of us (ditto Nancy)! What wonderful news of you amazing progress this week. All the best to you amazing Mr. Luke -

Keeping the Faith,
Monahan Family