Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Wow! I can not believe that Christmas is already here. Where has this year gone?? We are so thankful for the progress Luke continues to make as he moves this mountain of a brain injury. We are so thankful for all of you that continue to follow and support us on this journey. We would never want to walk this road alone, so thank you, thank you!! I can tell Luke is more aware and engaging this year over last. Last night we had Christmas with my mom's family. After dinner and dessert, I said, "Who is ready to open presents?" Luke was the first to respond with a loud yell and his hand going right up in the air. Love that kid!! Another thing we have found out about Luke this season is....he loves egg nog!! I think him and Mike have already gone thru 4 bottles this year! He can drink it really well with a straw too. He will continue with his therapies twice a week. I truly think he enjoys the work he does here, and I think he can tell it is helping him. In fact, as I am typing this, one of his therapists just came over and told me, "He is really impressing me today."

I pray you all have a very Merry Christmas spent with family and friends.

Remember...it really is all about a baby that was born to save....“While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.”- Luke 2:6-7
So...go tell it on the mountain...Jesus Christ is born!!

3 comments:

NP said...

Merry Christmas to all of you too Stacey! Your Christmas cards are just beautiful! We are all seeing so many special miracles through you and your family!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a beautiful family you are! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and may 2010 be even better than 2009 was for you! Luke, you are a superstar and your progress is so inspiring. All our love to your family as you enjoy your greatest blessings! Love the photos of you all -you are a good looking bunch!
Love, The Monahan's

Lindsey Black said...

LOVE your Christmas Card! What a wonderful, inspiring, beautiful family! Luke is such an amazing model of what a miracle really is! I pray this next year he shows STRIDES in his healing!

God Bless you guys!!!

Lindsey and Santana!