Thursday, December 31, 2009

I got a feeling....


Luke with his best buddies...D and T shootin' guns!


Santa came...yeah!


Luke loves his lil sis!


Luke going snow tubing all by himself...he held on, put his feet up, and leaned back!

I got a feeling 2010 is gonna be a great great year!!!! So today is the day we say goodbye to 2009 and welcome in 2010!!!!! I told Mike I have BIG HOPES for this year. In fact, my mantra is...drum roll please....Luke will walk and talk again in 2010!!!! It is going to take A LOT of prayers and a A LOT of hard work to make this happen, but we have all ready seen that with God ALL things are possible. It never hurts to dream big right?? I am so thankful for all of the amazing things we have seen in 2009. I just hope we can carry this positive momentum into the new year. We start the new year off with a bang next week with lots of appointments. Luke will go to therapy M, W, F and in addition to that he has an appt with the Neuro-Chiro, his eye dr, the evaluator from the NACD, and also an evaluation for possibly getting an augmentative communication device...whew, makes me tired just thinking about all of that. For 2010, our goal is to keep up with Luke going to the neuro-institute for 3-4 hours a day three days a week, plus his usual home based ST, OT, and PT twice a week. Then I would like to take Luke back to Napa Center three times, most likely in March, July, and October. Finally our goal is for Luke to go back to school in July, this is going to be a huge decision and I pray the school will have an open mind and really be able to see all that Luke is capable of before jumping into where they think he should be placed...the very thought of this whole process makes me sick to my stomach! So we will most likely start the evaluation process in Feb or March so all is in place for when school starts again in July. My prayer is that Luke will have the stamina, perseverance, and drive to make this happen! The thing is I KNOW he can do it, and I can want it all I want, but he has to want it, and he is getting there. He gets a smile on his face every morning I tell him he gets to go see his therapists Tom and Jim. I think he knows it works. So to Luke...I say (from a song)...

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say


So, here is to a great 2010...the same as last year, may we all have more faith and less fear, more gratitude and less greed, more love and less hate, more joy and less sadness, more giving and less wanting, more peace and less stress, more enjoying and less complaining. May God Bless each of you in 2010!

2 comments:

NP said...

...and may God bless all of you too! I love the Christmas pictures and am exhausted just from hearing about all the appointments coming up! I am amazed that Luke went tubing all by himself ~ Wowsiers!!
I will be praying Stacey that your mantra (which I love by the way) will come true this year! I hope Luke will be able to go back to school in July ~ thanks goodness you are a wonderful teacher that knows the system and can fight for all of Luke's rights ~ you have done such an amazing job so far so I am very hopeful!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Makenzies Miracle said...

Luke is looking so good! I just wanted you to know that I gave you a lemonade award on my blog!