Sunday, October 18, 2009

Disneyland!

Well we had a great trip to Disneyland. Luke's favorite ride was the new Toy Story Midway Mania ride and of course Buzz Astro Blasters...he loves anything you can shoot! He also won a large prize at the fishing game...another highlight for him. Here are some pics from our trip:

Our group at the entrance.


Luke gets to hold his little sis for a bit.


This little boy made Luke's day! He indulged in Luke's many knuckle givings throughout the parade. It warmed my heart to see another kid actually interact with him instead of just stare at or ignore him. We ran into his family the next day at CA Adventure. His dad told me he was glad he ran into us again because he wanted to let me know they were praying for Luke. I made sure to tell him how happy his son made Luke and I. The world needs more folks like that:)

Standing time with mom.


Dressed in our costumes for trick or treating at the park. Luke is Optimus Prime Transformer this year.


When we got back Friday night, I sat Luke down for dinner and he did the most amazing thing....started eating his food with his LEFT hand. Good old lefty has been very SLOW to wake up. The amazing thing about this is, I never told him to do it (not that he would listen anyway:) I just looked over and he using lefty. Not sure what made him do it...but we will take it! Go Luke, way to persevere through once again!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing all of you at Disneyland really enjoying yourselves. What a heart warming picture of the boy and Luke exchanging knuckles. Luke, you are my hero! You just keep amazing everyone .... I am going to keep trying harder because of YOU! Glad you all had a nice time - Lindsay ... BTW, great dancing too!
Love, The Monahan's

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story of Luke and that sweet boy and his family... AND you getting to see them again. God works in mysterious ways doesn't he? Wowsiers for Lefty ~ you go Luke! Glad you had a fun trip!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

That picture of Luke holding Lacey is SOOO cute. I showed my roommate and gave her an update on Luke and she was very happy to hear he is doing so well. Give Luke some knuckles for me!!!
Love,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
I can't believe how much Lacey has grown, what a cutie. I love the costumes too, you all look great! Luke and his lefty will soon be working in total unison, this is just the beginning! Disneyland after all the hard work in therapy seem to make you all gleam! God Bless more good times!
Marilyn~