Sunday, October 25, 2009

Busy Boy!!

Luke has been one busy boy lately. We are finally getting him into a set therapy schedule, just in time to leave for Napa for two weeks, but we will resume therapy here once we get back. So here is what he does each week:
Monday-3 hours at neuro institute
Tuesday-PT, OT, and starting when we get back ST at home each week with home bound therapists
Wed-3 hours at neuro institute
Thursday-horse therapy, OT, and ST
Friday-3 hours at neuro institute

So...he will be getting 3 hours of therapy each and every day...Go Luke!!

Here is the cute story of the week: On Monday Luke had a new speech therapist come out and do an evaluation on him. I am showing her different ways we communicate with him. So I say, "Luke show Ms. Erica how you tell us no." (I expect him to put up his hand in a stop sign.) Instead the little stinker says, "No," plain as day with his mouth 4 times. I think she was as shocked as I was. He has not been wanting to talk at all lately. I am excited for Ms. Erica to work with Luke. She seems like she is going to be great.

Now for the heart warming story of the week: I was ordering lunch at Paradise Bakery earlier this week when the couple in front of me asks how Luke is doing. Now, I did not have Luke with me, so I was sort of shocked. I said he is doing good, and they asked about our trip to Disneyland. Then the guy proceeds to tell me he was there the night Luke was hurt (on the second truck that arrived.) He told me he was certainly surprised by the progress Luke is making. Just another reminder that God is good and answering our prayers everyday! Now, I did not get his name, but it certainly touched me that he is still following Luke to this day. I know him and his wife read this so thanks again for continuing to follow Luke's progress and for the part you played in saving his life that night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming is right ~ that brought tears to my eyes. I think it is wonderful that they recognized you and asked about Luke. You're right, he sure is busy with therapy, which means you are busy too! His progress is amazing.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Sally said...

Luke is amazing! Keep it up! He looked so cute in the pic with his baby sis, oh and she is a cutie, looks like bug sis. Happy belated Birthday to Grandma Bonnie and hugs from Ohio, Sally