Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dust

Well...there is a saying...some days are diamonds and some days are dust. Let's just say for Luke, this week has been dust. I have mentioned many times before how I am always surprised Luke does not get frustrated more with his "situation." He definetly has his days where he is mad, but this week so far he has been horrible. He has been angry, pinching, hitting, kicking, you name it he has done it. One example...today after I dropped Lyns off at my sister's to bring him to therapy he decided he was not going to leave his seat belt on. Luckily I was close to home so I was able to get something to keep his good arm restrained so he would be safe. I have read a lot on brain injury, and in cases of traumatic brain injury, the patients will become very angry and hostile. I have seen this too while sitting with Luke and observing other patients at therapy. Who can really blame them? I mean one day they are fine, and the next they are trapped in a body that will not work like it once would. I would be frustrated too. So, please pray that he will use all his "angry energy" and put it to good use, let his frustrations serve as a motivator to bring his healing to the next level. The good thing is, I have not seem him "act out" like this in therapy. I will grin and bear it if he only does it to me, I will be his punching bag, as long as there is healing on the other side.

"Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." Romans 12:12


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are trully an amazing person. I think it is safe to say that you, Luke, and the rest of your family are a true inspiration. We all continue to pay for ya'll daily.
Jamie Williams

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers. God has given Luke the gift of a wonderful loving family!
Love & hugs,
Nancy