Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!


Hope you are wearing green today, because if not Luke has his claw out ready to attack! Things have been a bit crazy over here as we get used to life with baby, although she is a great baby:)

As for Luke, he had an evaluation a few weeks ago to start getting OT at home once a week. It amazes me the info they give these therapists on the kids. About half way thru the evaluation she says to me, "You mean he hasn't been like this since birth." Ummmm....no! Anyway, she was amazed at what Luke could do with his right hand and will concentrate on getting lefty working as well. A few things that she asked me if Luke could do, I wasn't sure because we hadn't tried since he got hurt, such as draw a horizontal and vertical line and stack blocks. After she left, I had him do these things and he did them all! Yesterday when he was sitting on the couch, on the end table next to him was a pen and paper. I looked over and he had the pen and was "drawing" on the paper. Mike has also been taking him fishing a few times a week and has noticed an improvement just in the last week with how he reels in the fish, and also his reaction time when the fish bites on his hook. Go Luke! Thanks for checking in...believe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St Paddy's day! Awesome picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Luke looks so great!!! I wanted to write you a quick note to find out more detailed info on your stem cell experience! We booked a trip to Costa Rica in July and want to get another mom's thoughts on some of the questions I am sure you also had! I have been doing some pretty extensive research on this for about a year but still seem to come up with questions! My e-mail is makenziesmiracle@comcast.net
Thanks so much
Pam and Makenzie!

Anonymous said...

I love the baby! She is so adorable! Awe. I want a baby girl! Ha ha! I don't think I need that... but she is cute enough to make me want one!!!!

Luke is so cute! He had the CLAW out a few weeks ago when we saw him at horse therapy. He is so fun! You guys ROCK!

Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to all of you too! Thank goodness I wore my green yesterday so Luke wouldn't get me. Your three precious angels look great together and I'm glad Luke can get OT at home to save you some time. It is amazing all the things that he is able to do.
Love you lots,
Nancy