Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Who's Gonna Shine in 2009?

Look at how much he can open his eye when he wants to. Presents are always a good motivator!
Playing Rockband with Sis...he loves to pound on the drums.

Happy New Year to all of you!
Trip #2 to the snow...24 degrees out with snow coming down hard, but this boy still loves to sit and just eat snow!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I know we did. I am still amazed how much more Luke participated in everything, compared to how he was last year, can't wait to see how he does next year. I have to brag on Luke for a minute. The kids had their annual dental check up today. This was the first time Luke has been for a cleaning since he was hurt (I know bad mom, but for some reason I was paranoid of it.) Luke did awesome! He opened and closed his mouth and did everything the hygenist/dentist asked him to do during the cleaning and getting x-rays. I was so proud of him, and thought he deserved much more than the ruler he picked out of the treasure box:) Good news...everything looks good, no cavities! You rock Luke!
Can you believe that 2008 is almost over? I know there are many people who are glad to see the year come to an end, because with a new year, comes the hope of better times, less trials, less stress. Hopefully we all learned something from the trials we were each faced with in 2008, that will make us that much stronger for anything that comes our way in 2009. If there is one thing I have learned, is that trial will always come when you least expect it. So, my wish for all of us in 2009 is may we all have more faith and less fear, more gratitude and less greed, more love and less hate, more joy and less sadness, more giving and less wanting, more peace and less stress, more enjoying and less complaining. Many thanks to all of you for your love, support, help, EVERYTHING you did for us in 2008! May God Bless each of you in 2009! Now, watch out world because there's this Gladiator we call Luke, and he is gonna SHINE in 2009! Believe!

Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come. Jeremiah 33:3 NLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Luke eating that snow!! And I'm impressed he did so well at the dentist, I know it's something I dread!! Happy New Year, I know we are going to see even more great things from Luke this year :)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!! We love looking at all the pictures. Especially snow day! We went sledding on New Years Eve day. We had so much fun. Glad to see Luke going down that hill. Next time you guys go, give us a call. We are looking forward to what the New Year will bring. Gladiator Luke we BELIEVE in you and can't wait to hear about all the new and exciting accomplishments you make in 2009!!!