Friday, December 5, 2008

Visit with Santa


Luke was able to see Santa this week! Lynsey said he was a whimpy Santa because he couldn't hold Luke very well, thus the slouch in the picture. He told Santa he wanted trucks. Then, this week he got a letter from Santa in the mail. He was very excited when I read it to him. He has been very vocal this week...pray this keeps up. In the past, he will be vocal, then refuse to say words the next week, we like to hear him try to talk though! They have scheduled the surgery on his left eye for Sat. Dec. 13th, no time yet, pray this goes smoothly unlike the last surgery. I want him to be happy for Christmas.

I had a lady ask me yesterday if I really believed Luke would walk again. It got me thinking...how could I not. When he was first hurt, we prayed he would survive...prayer answered, then we prayed he would be able to breathe on his own...prayer answered, then when a nurse told us she thought he may not be able to see or hear, I prayed he would at least be able to do one or the other (not good to be greedy right?)...prayer answered in a mighty way (she was wrong!,) then we prayed that he would wake up from his coma...prayer answered (I will never forget that day and his first cries in 4 months!,) then we prayed he would show some sort of purposeful movement...prayer answered, then when he started eating little tastes of baby food we prayed he would one day be able to eat by mouth...prayer answered, then we prayed he would start following commands...prayer answered, then we prayed he would be able to hold his head up without support...prayer answered, then we prayed he would be able to do some "normal" kid things...prayer answered...I could go on and on and on. So now, we pray that one day he will be walking and talking, and we wait for this prayer too to be answered. Believe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lynsey ~ Santa needs to toughen up ~ he IS kinda whimpy :) What a darling picture of the two of them. You have had lots of wonderful prayers answered so I will keep praying right along with you. Hopefully the surgery will be a success!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture! Where did you get that done at?! So cute. I am so thrilled to hear how awesome Luke is doing! What an amazing kid! You guys are awesome and I think of you everyday! HUGS!!!

Lindsey

Unknown said...

Luke, It has been so long since I have sent you a post. I'm so sorry. All your pictures are adorable. Now I know you probably don't want to be called adorable. So I'll say HANDSOME! I hope Santa brings you some real cool trucks. Maddie wants dolls and Bryan wants a new electric guitar. Hope to see you all soon. Have a Merry X-mas!
Love, April

kelli ellen kurtz said...

Stacey,
I just started bawling like a baby when I read this post, because yes God will answer all of your prayers and YES Luke will walk again and will talk and he will always be your baby boy no matter what. And how dare that lady not believe.

Keep on keeping on! :)