Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'll Walk..

Luke Playing Tic-Tac-Toe by throwing bean bags.
Luke kicking the ball to knock over the pins.
Standing with help from a big ball.

I figured I was overdo by a few posts for pictures so here are a few from therapy this week and one of Lynsey too in the shirt she wore for her speech for VP. Luke is wearing his Thera Togs, they help him with his posture. The eye dr says his eye is looking much better and wants to see him next week. He is still not participating like he was in therapy before the surgery and has been super grumpy this week. Everyone thinks it just has to do with him getting used to his eyes being open. Thankfully the therapists are all patient with him. I also think it has something to do with the fact we are gone from nine to five at some sort of appointment every day of the week except Sat and Sun. That will be changing the end of next week when he finishes up this round of oxygen therapy:) I think that will help. I know I can hardly wait...I have seen more than my share of the valley freeways, this much is for sure! It gives me lots of time to listen to the new songs on the radio. This week I have noticed a new one by Bucky Covington called, "I'll Walk." I get teary eyed every time I hear it...I long so much for the day when Luke says to me some of the lyrics from the song:

...And says, I'll walk.Please hold my hand.I know that this will hurt, I know you understand.Please (mommy) don't cry.This is already hard.Let's go, don't worry.I'll walk.

We are looking forward to seeing many of you this Saturday night at the fundraiser. We will be using any money raised to help pay for more Stem Cell Therapy in November. This will get us closer to hearing those words Mike and I so long to hear, "I'll Walk." Thank you so much to everyone for your continued support. I don't think I have said it in awhile, but we would never want to walk this walk alone, you mean so much to us!! Believe!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, now you have me crying. What beautiful children you have! Just seeing Luke in those pictures gives me so much encouragement on the progress he is making. And that precious Lynsey in her VP shirt. I'm sorry I won't be in town for the fundraiser but know it will be a big success. I love you tons and thank you for keeping all of us updated ~ you have such a LONG day. My prayers continue to be with all of you.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Unknown said...

Gladiator Luke, Your pictures are so cute. Sorry to hear that you've been a little grumpy this week. I'm sure your tired of those freeways too!! Thanks for keeping us updated and posting pics Stacey.

VOTE LYNSEY FOR VICE PRESIDENT!!!

Sally said...

It's good that Luke shows his emotions, either grumpy or happy. Keep up the good work Luke! And congratulations to Lynsey!
Hugs from Ohio, Sally