Monday, September 8, 2008

Eyes...

I think today is the first day since Luke has had his eye surgery where he is actually seeming a little more himself. He had a rough few days after surgery. Now, he looks like he was in a really bad fight with all of the bruising. I will say the oxygen therapy is helping with that. We go to the doctor for the follow-up on Thursday. I am going to ask him about maybe doing some vision therapy or something with Luke. He just seems to be in such shock with being able to see. I am sure his little brain is going into processing overload, when you consider his eyes were closed for 18 months, and now not only are they open but also filled with goop. He seems to be getting adjusted to them being opened, as he is not grabbing at them as much.

For those of you that have signed up for the fundraiser...many have asked if you will receive tickets in the mail. The answer is no, your name will be on a list the night you arrive. For more details on the fundraiser you can go back a few posts or go to www.evsol.org. Thanks so much for your prayers. I know that we have been blessed in so many ways along this journey. I know that the hand of God has been in our lives at the times when we needed Him most. Someday I know we will look back at this period of our lives and realize that there were only one set of footprints in the sand. I know we could not have gotten thru this otherwise, had He not carried us thru as He continues to do day in and day out, with all of you on the side lines cheering us on. Believe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Stacey I am crying tears of joy for all of you. God IS good! Keep up that wonderful faith and strength you have.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Unknown said...

Luke, I'm glad your surgery went well. Bet you really look like a Gladiator right now!! With your black eyes. See you soon.
Love, April