Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Surgery this Thursday...


Looks like March 6th is a day for us to be in the hospital. I called to schedule the aneurysm surgery for Luke. They said it wasn't urgent, but I told her we wanted it done in the next few weeks. Well...just so happened they had a cancellation for this Thursday at 7:30 am, so Luke will have more coils put in then. At first, I told her no, we would wait for the appt in 3 weeks, but the more I thought about it, I figured there was a reason there was an opening so soon, plus I had already asked everyone to pray for Luke that day, so for sure he would be covered in prayer for his surgery.


We met with the eye dr yesterday. He wants to hold off on the eye surgery for now, but did give us the okay to tape his eye open. My aunt was here working with him today, and he seems to like his eye taped open. Other than, trying to rip the tape off every now and then. The picture shows him with his eye taped open sitting at his "desk."


Remember...lots of prayers for Luke on Thursday, for a successful surgery, continued healing and restoration! Believe!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have sent the "Prayer Warriors" on the path and Thursday is the target day, however so many of us are (and will) hang in every step of the way; checking your page daily and praying. At DME we are planning to dedicate our morning moment of silence to Luke and your family.

Janaina crochet said...

Hello dear Luke and family ..I want to tell you that You are not alone in this fight, We are with you in prayers and positive thoughts..and especially a person is with you in this moments THE LORD JESUS, nothing in this world is impossible for Him ..He is in control life Luke ..He knows everythings that is best for Luke to be good in health much soon ..We have believe and have faith and no have fright because God is faithful in all his promises ..We continue prayers and I have certain this surgery will be success same all surgerys he made since accident ..God bless our gladiator Luke in this moment and this beautiful family and remember always believe!!!..much kisses ..I love all you ..

Sally said...

Prayers & hugs from Ohio are coming your way. I know everything will go well tomorrow, it's not an anniversary, it is a milestone. Sally

Anonymous said...

Mike, Stacy, Lyndsey and Luke, you are all in our prayers. Especially tomorrow, March 6th. God speed,
Kristine (Schaefer) Carver (Bonnie's cousin)

Unknown said...

Hello Luke and family,
I want you to know that I am praying for you. I am praying that this surgery is exactly what Luke needs to recover quickly. GOD is the best doctor around!! Luke- you have such an amazing family around you. Bonnie, your Grandma, is one of my favorite people. She has been a huge blessing to me and I am so glad GOD gave her to you to be by your side. We love you!
Love,Holly Miller

Anonymous said...

Our prays will be with you tomorrow.

Kim said...

Mike, Stacy, Lyndsey and Luke,
First I want to compliment on the incredible web page you have. It is really awesome how you have kept us all up to date on Luke's progress.
Secondly, your example of strength and faith in God is one many could learn from. Thank you for that.
The Lord will never give us more that we can handle. You all are obviously very strong individuals!
My continued prayers are with you and the skillful hands of the surgeon.
God Bless,
Kim (Schaefer) Horwedel