Friday, April 15, 2011

Frustrated

We finished up this week with all of Luke's appointments for awhile, hopefully. He had an MRA for his aneursym, and it is stable. Now, he will not have another one for three years, which makes me nervous. We also tried out a few different therapy places to try and find a good one for Luke to do some intense work this summer. I found one yesterday, that I like and am cautiously-optimistic about. We also visited yesterday with the BEST neurologist ever, Dr. Cardenas, at St.Joe's. I honestly have not had a doctor take as much to talk about Luke with me in a long time, he spent almost an hour! He recommended a "mood-enhancing" drug for Luke to hopefully address some of the behavior issues we are seeing. I am very against drugging him, but after talking with Mike's cousin, Shelly, who is a dr herself about it, am willing to give it a try to see what we notice. Hopefully it will be positive:) Dr. Cardenas is also going to talk with the team at St. Joe's that is doing the deep brain stimulation there to see if they feel Luke may be a candidate for it. He tends to think not, but is willing to at least check, which I am thankful for. The bad news came at the end of the appointment when he said effective June 1st he will no longer be able to see Luke, due to a contract he signed since St Joes is merging with PCH, Luke will now have to see a neurologist at PCH. I have not found one neurologist at PCH I like or one who truly understand TBI. Dr. Cardenas did. Honestly, Luke does not have to see a neuro, but I just really liked him because he understands Traumatic Brain Injury A LOT!!! So back to square one on that front. Luke's neurosurgeon, Dr. Manwaring, whom we love also, I found out a few weeks ago is also no longer at PCH. I am guessing now, that is due to the merger too. I am trying to track him down though:) I was really stressing about it because I feel like everything is two steps forward, ten steps back. I found this in my email box last night. I have not gotten on of their emails in a really long time, but this one was right on time, funny how that works! So we are pressing toward the Promise:)


Press toward
the Promise

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised”
(Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Are you facing a challenge today that seems overwhelming? Through faith and patience, you will see God’s promises come to pass in your life.

Understand that the enemy always fights the hardest when he knows you are closest to your breakthrough. He’d leave you alone if he thought you were going to live in mediocrity. If you keep pressing on toward your promise, through faith and patience, you will get there. Don’t be like the Israelites in the Old Testament who were right next to their promised land when they talked themselves out of it! They said, “There are giants in the land. It’s too difficult.” No, today, don’t look at the obstacles in your life. Lift up your eyes because you serve a supernatural God! Follow the example of Abraham who believed God even when his circumstances looked impossible. Remember, God always rewards the people who seek after Him. Stand in faith and keep believing because God will take you places that you never dreamed. Keep pressing toward the promise so you can live in the supernatural victory He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today choosing to believe Your promises. Fill me with Your faith and patience to press through to victory. I give You all the glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

1 comment:

NP said...

Ay yi yi Stacey, I'm sorry you are going through this. Once we find a great doctor we never want to let them go and then things change for one reason or another. Maybe Dr. Cardenas can help you find someone else. Maybe our prayers can help with that too! Remember to breathe!
Love and hugs,
Nancy