Monday, December 13, 2010

On the Move!

Time for a funny Luke story! This weekend my in-laws were in town to visit. They had left to do some shopping and Mike and Lynsey were gone to softball practice, so the house was pretty quiet! I went out front to take their dog to the bathroom, I turned and looked at the front door and there was Luke! He had scooted from our family room and was making his escape out the front door. I brought him back into the family room, and went into the kitchen to put away dishes. I heard the garage door open and walked to see who was there. Well....it was Luke!! He was sitting there opening the garage door. I asked him if he was trying to run away, and he just laughed. I brought him back once again to watch TV in the family room, the next thing I hear is paper ripping. He had made it to the tree and was opening gifts. Little stinker! So, I brought him back to the TV, and told him to sit still until I was finished. Never thought that would be something I would be telling him:) We always like to see him wanting to get somewhere though, so not complaining one bit!

The craziness of the holidays has begun, now if the weather would just cool down a bit. This week Luke's class has a Christmas program at school, so hopefully I will have some pics to post of that. Thanks for checking in:)

5 comments:

NP said...

Luke, Luke, Luke! Thank goodness the house was quiet so you could hear him. I love that story too! Merry Christmas to all of you.
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

On the move is right! I always enjoy good Luke stories, thanks for sharing! Hope you are all doing well while the holiday approaches... God Bless.

love-
Marilyn

Sally said...

Would love to send you some of our cold Ohio weather! Good for Luke, really knows what he wants

Sally said...

Good for Luke, he knows what he wants. And we would love to send you some of our freezing Ohio weather...it's 17 today!

Anonymous said...

Cute stories .... he is a determined young man. GREAT job today at the 5th grade ceremony Luke. I enjoyed watching you perform the Christmas songs. Good job swinging that snowflake all around. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!