Saturday, August 7, 2010

Luke LOVES school!!

Well it is official...Luke LOVES being back in school! So much so, that he hates to leave school. We put him half day at school, so that he can still get all of his therapies in the afternoon. Well...he does not like leaving school one bit, and I have the pinch marks on my hand to prove it! So, this week we are starting with a big step (for me, not for Luke,) and he will be going to school all day on Mondays. In addition, he is now staying at school thru lunch on the other days. I am so happy that he loves school so much, and hope that it continues. I am hoping it will motivate him in other areas. Luke is the only student in his class in a wheelchair. I had recorded a video of Luke walking with his walker at therapy, and Luke was watching it with us. I asked him if he wanted to use his walker at school and he replied a loud Yeah! right away. So, we have made a new rule for Luke, no more wheelchair in the house, it stays outside. He is only allowed to use his walker in the house to get around. He did great today, pray that continues. Then hopefully he will become strong enough and his balance better so he will be able to use the walker at school. Thanks for your continued prayers!

4 comments:

NP said...

Wow Stacey ~ our prayers have been answered haven't they? I am beyond thrilled that he loves school so much. I will pray that it continues. Sorry about the pinch marks!
Love & hugs,
Nancy

Jill said...

Wow thats awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is the most amazing news! I'm so happy Luke is loving school! I knew he would! How exciting it will be when he goes to school without his wheelchair too, what an added bonus! Prayers being answered feels so right! God bless...
love-
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

You go LUKE! Keep up the good work!!