Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

These pics show just a little of what Luke has been busy doing!!


Cousins in town visiting from New Mexico!


Swimming with Cousin Dylon. He wanted Mom out of the pool and for Dylon to help him around.
Opening presents during therapy! What a great motivator they were.

Luke with all of his cards...SO MANY OF THEM!!! A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that sent Luke a card on his birthday! He loved them:)
Opening the cards from the kids at Rockpoint Church.




Birthday Cake....Jimmie Johnson cake and Jimmie won the race on this bday to top it off!


Sparkler fun on July 4th

Playing with little sis!!

Luke has been doing GREAT in his therapies! My father in law took him yesterday and said all of his therapists were gave glowing reports on how good he is doing, especially with using his words. The speech therapist also called me and told me how well he did. She is very happy with the progress he is making and said he is right on target for slowly regaining his speech. This weekend he stayed with my in-laws. Nana asked Luke if he wanted Milk. He said, "yeah," but then took it one step further by sounding out "chocolate!!" So of course, chocolate milk it was and I think a banana split too for the good work:)

The countdown is on for school...three weeks from yesterday. I think as it gets closer the larger the pit in my stomach gets and the more nervous I get. I just pray it will be a good thing for Luke and his progress with continue to amaze us! Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looked like a grand birthday! Luke looks so amazingly well, I think school will bring out the shooting star he is and he will continue to keep us all in faith and filled with inspiration. Happy to see Lukey with his cousins too! Prayers to you and Luke as school approaches! God Bless~
love-
Marilyn

NP said...

Wonderful pictures and I'm glad to hear how well Luke is doing!
Love & hugs,
Nancy