Friday, January 16, 2009

Hard worker!

Luke standing in his Lite Gait machine

Luke has had an awesome week this week and worked really hard! His big pay-off...he gets to go hunting with dad this weekend. I started this week doing his therapies in his room, and he loves that. He will walk (with max-assistance of course) down the long hallway to get to his room from the family room. Then, we sit at his table and chairs and do school work. This is mainly me reading him stories then asking questions, have him read me words or identify sounds and some math. He has done really good with using his words this week. We also have PE time where he will ride on the stationary bike (he had stopped wanting to do this awhile ago, but so far this week has done great), play basketball, throw bean bags, play t-ball, or have him stand on his lite gait. He really doesn't like this machine too much, but I try to keep him busy to take his mind off of it. You can see in the video he gets a little crazy and decides to go swinging on his own. I figure this has to help him somehow so I let him do it (never mind my arm shot, I thought he was going to hit his head, he did not:) . The past few times we have tried to get him swinging, he tells us to stop, so I was just glad he was initiating it on his own. So praise God that he starting to show more motivation to work...who knows maybe he just needed a change of scenery from doing everything in the family room. Whatever it is, let's keep this momentum going because the best is yet to come! I just talked to Mike also, and he said Luke had his best day ever at horse therapy today (his first time back in a long time.) Go Luke!!! You rock!! Thanks for checkin' in....have a great weekend...GO CARDINALS!!!! I saw a great quote in the paper the other day about the Cardinals, and how no one expected them to make it this far in the playoffs, some people even went so far as to say they should have been kicked out, but as one of their players said, "Hard work and perseverance will eventually pay off." I have said this all along for Luke, we will never give up until he is doing everything we know he can be doing. Believe and GO CARDS!

Ok...I can not get the video to upload after many tries. I will try again sometime this weekend hopefully!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck hunting, Luke!

Anonymous said...

Go Cardinals! Go Luke! What a great weekend!

beth said...

Good job Luke! Sounds like an outing with Dad is just the ticket to motivate Luke :) I am so happy for him. Happy Hunting!