Thursday, December 20, 2007

Merry Christmas!


This week has been pretty busy getting ready for Christmas. We did start Luke seeing an acpuncturist this week. She is great! Thanks so much to Kelly and Stephanie for recommending her (many months ago.) It did take some convincing on my part, as I can be a bit stubborn at times (I am sure Mike will agree to that.) However, Mike and I both got a test needle, and I promise, it does not hurt. Luke had 7 needles in his head and did not make a peep. We will see what happens. He has PT this week, then the next 2 weeks, it is just us working him at home. We are working on getting him to hold his head up and trying to get him to sit up. His head is getting stronger every day. He is so cute...he is very excited for Santa to come. Every morning I tell him how many more days there are, and he gets a big grin. I can not tell you how thankful and blessed I am that he is here to celebrate with us this year! Every morning when I wake up and see the four stockings hanging from our fireplace, I can't help but whisper a prayer of thanks. This Christmas it is my prayer that everyone reading this will truly remember the reason for the season, give Thanks to God for the many blessings in your life, and also say a special prayer for anyone that will not be celebrating with their loved ones this year, whether they are fighting to protect our freedom or have gone to a better place. One thing we have done for many years is make a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake, then we always sing Happy Birthday. Thanks so much for continuing to pray for Luke, please pray for continued restoration of his brain. Remember...Jesus is the reason for the season, Have a very Merry Christmas, and God Bless you all.

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us…And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 NLT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings of the season to you and your family. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I wish in this date soo much special where is celebrated birth our Lord ..much peace, joy, hope and faith for this family ..because this never can die in our hearts ..I made one special order of gift for God this year ..I ask for He bring much rapid health Luke and he can each day more win all difficult how he have made because he is a great and brave boy ..God bless this family in this Christmans with much joys ..I love all you ..You are in my prayers every days ..kisses ..

Unknown said...

Way to go Luke with your PT and your new venture with acupuncture. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Luke, only 4 more days until Christmas. Maddie is counting down.
Love, Branden, April, Bryan and Maddie

Anonymous said...

Our wish for your family is for
Mr. Luke to continue his amazing leaps! Your family is such an inspiration for the true meaning of Faith, Love, Hope, Joy, Peace - you are beautiful! Your spirit is contagious and uplifting. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of a New Year. Believe....
Lots of Love to You.